I Just Don't Get It

I'm still reeling from yesterday's news. I don't/can't understand what happened or how it happened. How on earth did the loop containing our last precious embryos just fall out of it's cryo-vial? I just don't get it....

This is a similar type of loop and vial that our embryos were stored in. This was then placed into a holding straw that was then placed into the liquid nitrogen tank for transport. 



How it managed to "fall out" of the vial and end up in the bottom of the tank is a mystery. I've contacted the lab and doctor at our old clinic to see if there are able to shed any light on this but I suspect that we just won't have an answer. I'm not usually one for throwing a pity party but honestly, this has just about broken my spirit. 


We've yet to make a decision on what we are going to do. I just don't know....

Comments

  1. This is just unbelievable! Can you get compensation somehow.. I wonder who is taking responsibility, if any part. Ugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. How horrible! It looks to me the only way the loop could have come out of the vial is if the idiot that screwed the pin onto the vial did not screw it on properly. How else could it have happened? This looks like gross negligence on the part of the clinic (or whomever was responsible for packing your embies). I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, I'm SO sorry this happened. I thought about it all night last night and after seeing these images I'm with you... how the hell did that even happen?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously universe, please give Janet a break! this is ridiculous. I can't believe this happened to you. I don't know what to say. You deserve more than a pity party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely deserve more than a pity party. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems really bizarre that that would happen. So so sorry...
    I really hope you are able to transfer them anyway and it works!! You never know...

    ReplyDelete
  7. what I want to know is how they even found the embryos is the bottom of the tank when they are microscopic! This is so horrifying. I hate that you have to deal with this, it is total bullshit and somebody should be taking responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot believe this!!! I've never heard of anything like this, this is just insanity!! So so so sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear what you have to say...

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

Dilemma

When I Was Your Age...