Luck Was Bound To Run Out

Bon Echo...my favorite of favorite places...where I go to relax...climb it's beautiful cliffs...swim in it's amazing, although chilly lake...where I spend time with my friends who have become my family...and...where I now apparently go to catch Poison Ivy!
Looks harmless enough doesn't it.
I've been going to Bon Echo for about twelve years now and I'm sure, waded though poison ivy a hundred times. We have a pretty good idea of what climbs either have it on the climb itself. "The Joke 5.9"...that seems insane to climb anyway or is at the base of a climb..."Afternoon Delight 5.4" which I was on the last time I was there. Even though I've never had a reaction to poison ivy, I always make sure to steer clear...just in case. Seems my luck had run out.  I'm now the unhappy owner of my very own poison ivy...ugh!

Funny thing is...it took more than a week to makes it's appearance and another day or so for me to recognize what it was. If there is a cream or ointment to treat it out there, trust me, I've bought it! It spread to my other leg and I now know why....Adam and I have been going for a walk every night after dinner and I've been wearing my Chaco sandals that I was wearing the day I climbed "Afternoon Delight". Needless to say, my beloved Chaco's will be getting a good ol scrubbing tonight!
Looking down from the cliff at the bottom of "Afternoon Delight"

Hope your Thursday has been Poison Ivy free!

Comments

  1. ohh boo! that sounds awful. i saw some burts bees poison ivy soap at winners today... have you tried that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't seen that but guess where I am going after work...LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear what you have to say...

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

When I Was Your Age...

Dilemma