Embrace The Crazy


Trying to get pregnant is often depressing, and I can’t deny that there have been many times when I’ve felt like a complete and total failure. That’s where making fun of this whole thing has come in handy. Truly, with either the right attitude or the right glass of wine (or two), trying to get knocked up when the odds seem to be stacked against you can be rather amusing.
Here are just a few of the things that I have discovered while ingesting or injecting large amounts of hormones into my body in a quest to fill my broken uterus...
1. You will be entirely incapable of thinking in a rational or sane matter and even the simplest of tasks will be the hardest thing you’ve ever done in your life. Yes I know how to tie my shoes Jackwagon, I just had a momentary lapse and forgot. Thanks.
2. Your bowels will stage a strike on you. You know since all you need right now is to be extra bloated and miserable. Eating? No thanks I think I’m still digesting yesterdays breakfast.
3. You now have new frenemies where you don't want them to be hanging out. You thought your butt was a one-woman show but nope...It has buddies that now seem to be indefinite house guests that are taking up space in those once roomy favorite pair of jeans.
4. You will cry at every part of The Wedding Singer… Because you know, it’s just so sad…???? or at random commercials. Sad...I know. 


 5. It will send you over the edge when your favorite grocery store runs out of the frosted sugar cookies you have been craving for 3 days. Sorry sweet little bakery lady but honestly, who runs out of cookies 6 hours before closing time?
There’s lots more on this list and perhaps I'll share a few more later. In the meantime...
Embrace Your Crazy by Carolyn Gallo via Etsy

Comments

  1. Embrace it- it makes for a comical story later... Usually :) And PS, I'm totally stealing 'jackwagon' what a perfect word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with all your points... IVF plus super-mood-inducing hormones makes every thing so much harder. Hope you found those cookies and I've found pear juice the best to gently keep my bowels on track :) Thinking of you for your cycle xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear what you have to say...

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

When I Was Your Age...

Dilemma