My Darling Boy

How is it possible that, in just a couple of months you will be three. How could time move so fast?
When I see you dancing and playing and singing and talking now, it is hard to believe that you were once the tiny baby I held in my arms. And back then, when I fell for you, I never imagined that I could adore you even more than I did in those first moments. But, I do. The more I watch you grow and develop, the more enamored I become with you.
You are filled with energy and enthusiasm. I think you could spend an entire day jumping up and down with only small breaks for eating and napping. You love music, and when you hear a song you like, you will ask me to dance (which is surprising given my very poor dancing skills) . Then, when it’s over, you will clap your hands and say: “Yay! Good song!” You’re also a performer who does not mind an audience.
You love vehicles of every variety, including but not limited to cars, trucks, airplanes, helicopters, and trains. At every opportunity, you point them out to me or anyone who is listening. You love learning new words and will repeat everything that is said to you or around you. You also have great observational skills and an incredible memory. You’re impressionist/imitation skills are pretty stellar.
One of my favorite things about you is your silliness. For no reason, sometimes you break into a deep, raspy voice, and it always makes me laugh. You like to tease and joke "I just playing a joke, I just kidding", and you seem to get me when I’m being silly, too. You have such a good imagination.
You are kind hearted. You give good hugs, and you say hi to every person that passes and asks everyone their name, and you give those big, beautiful smiles so freely. But, my do you have a strong will. You do not like to be told what to, and once you have made up your mind, nothing is going to stop you from getting what you want. You have no problems asking for what you need, and you do not relent until you are heard. You’re always testing me, whether it is throwing your arm down while yelling  "Urggggging" in utter defiance and expiration. If you do not like the looks of what is being served for dinner, there is no way to convince you to try it. Sure, it makes me nuts, but I cannot blame you for any of it. It might not be prudent in every situation, but there is nothing wrong with being a little stubborn in this world or with being relentless about the things you love.
I am so lucky to have such a sweet, enigmatic, energetic, fun child who is also the most handsome boy who was ever born in the history of Earth. (Okay. I’m a little biased.) I may have said it a million times before, but I’ll never stop...
I love you like mad, Lochlan...more than anyone has ever loved anyone else anywhere, in any time and I will always, always will.













"You'll be...his first kiss, his first love, his first friend, you are his mama and he is your whole world. He is your little boy."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

Unexpected?

Dilemma