Cupcakes

Do you ever have one of those days where nothing horrible has happened but everything seems to be going against you? It’s snowing...you fall on your ass as soon as you hit the porch step (ouch), your hair isn’t cooperating, you can’t find your keys, your bra is uncomfortable, your third IVF cycle fails and you are waiting to miscarry, you forgot your wallet (thank goodness for my Timmy's card), you can’t remember if you put on deodorant (I'm pretty sure I only put it on one underarm this morning), a co-worker won’t stop humming that song you hate (please make it stop), all your mail are bills and you remember that you forgot to do about 20 different things. Again, nothing like death or dismemberment but still, a considerably bad day. That is exactly how my last few days have been.


It's no secret that I have an addiction to anything topped with icing. So in light of my miserable few days I am going to drown my sorrows in cupcakes!


The cupcake is a remarkable thing. It is, in the ways that matter most, a flawless invention, a treat for both body and mind. Elegant in its simplicity, yet playful, a sentimental nod to birthdays past. And cute—so delightfully, deliciously cute. Deprived of nourishment in the womb by stronger, full-size cakes, cupcakes have overcome their physical shortcomings by maintaining dignity, even when covered in sprinkles. 


If you need me...I'll be in the corner stuffing my face full of cupcakes. 







Comments

  1. Enjoy! I'm going to a cocktail party thrown by a neighbor that neither my husband nor I particularly like, but we want to be neighborly and all so we bought a bottle of wine. I would rather sit with you and gorge on cupcakes until I fall into a sugar coma. Miscarriages suck. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an awful day. I'm sorry and I hope tomorrow is better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear what you have to say...

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

When I Was Your Age...

Dilemma