Have You Ever...

Have you ever been brushing your teeth, looking in the mirror admiring the beautiful individual standing there before you, only to think...

“What the frack is going on in this bathroom when I’m not in here? Is the toothbrush waging full scale war on the faucet and the hand soap?”

How does the mirror get so dirty? I’m not brushing my teeth with my mouth wide open holding my face as close to the mirror as possible...and I can only assume that is the only way to get such an array of spots. I stand a good three or four feet away from the thing when I’m brushing, I don’t run my thumb over the bristles of the brush in the sink (or ever), I gently lay it flat over the cap of some somethingerather so it doesn’t dirty up the counter because that seems to be another ridiculous mess-causer. I don’t shake my hands dry after washing them, nor do I windmill my arms and shake my head like a canine fresh out of the pool when I’ve exited the shower.

I am a clean individual dangnabit, and my bathroom looks like my hygiene skills rival those of a buffalo (which I've heard are dirty little beasts). So maybe someone can tell me what I’m doing wrong. Invariably the counter looks filthy and has enough cat hair on it to make me suspicious…now I’m not going to sit here and say that the cat did it, but don’t think it hasn’t crossed my mind. If I forget to pick up the little foot towel thing and hang it on it's rightful hook, it’s not unusual for me to find it bunched and crumbled up as though someone, or some animal, had been rolling on it earlier in the day. I’m not saying he’s guilty, I’m just saying he’s already there and he’s got a motive - his motive being that he hates me!

I try to operate under a “No Mess, No Clean Up Required” philosophy, and this mysterious grime buildup all over the bathroom is foiling my master plan. How am I supposed to avoid cleaning if there’s a civil war constantly raging in my absence?!

Bathroom Rules Primitive Sign by Bedlam Country Crafts via Etsy




Comments

  1. If you figure it out, please let me know. I wonder this myself every morning. I blame my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bathroom gnomes. Once you've got them, they are almost impossible to get rid of. You have to have someone come over and use your bathroom and hope the gnomes hop on and leave.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear what you have to say...

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

When I Was Your Age...

Dilemma