General Ideas

This blog is generally for entertainment purposes only or for amusing myself (this is so so easy to do). But ever now and then I like to share some advice or tongue-in-cheek wisdom and if you get something out of that I think that’s fantastic. But to be clear...I don’t really know anything. One big thing that I do not know how to do is be successful. If I were successful then I wouldn't be the dear struggling me that I am.

Back when I used to take boat loads of fertility meds, I would be seized with grand plans and things that I had to do as I was trying to drift off to sleep. Once in my half-awake/half-asleep dreamlike place, I wrote a list titled...


How To Be Sucessful

1. Get a twin! Yes, I really did think this was a good idea, and no...I have no idea what it means either.
2. Get people to call other people for me, like they worked for me (???)
3. Jsfhrguifg Tdyvdf Jdfudf -  the writing got kind of difficult to read after this.


Listen, I don’t recommend doing anything on this list in the great name of success. And I think that deep down, I'm a little afraid of success, which is why I sometimes don't strive harder to gain it when I know I'm capable. What if I actually do really well in life? Then what? I know, it’s weird. It makes no sense. 


While my list will not help, I do think I have some general ideas as to how to be successful:

  • Do something that scares you. By which I mean, do not inject poison into your eyes or put a tarantula on your face, but rather do something outside of your comfort zone because it will help you grow. 
  • Don’t be afraid to ask for help. I'm still working on this one.
  • Don’t beat yourself up when you mess up. Because it’s over with. If you could go back in time and change it, you would, and you know you would. Let that be enough. Realize that there is an ocean of time ahead of you that will give you many chances to not mess up.
  • Don’t compare your progress to someone else’s. This one is hard for me. It’s tempting to want to look at Mary Jo and say, “Wow, Mary Jo has a baby and a job and washboard abs” and then to cry about it, but don’t! Because for everything Mary Jo has, there’s something you have that she doesn't. There always is! We’re all doing our best in this world and some people get there faster than others, but we all get there.
  • Don’t be too polite. Do not be a miserable wench. Do not throw rocks in peoples’ faces. What I mean by this is basically, stand up for yourself! The only one who can be your biggest defender is you. Unless you’re in court, then I would seriously get a lawyer. You never represent yourself, that’s Law & Order Rule #1. (Rule #2? “When I left, she was still alive!”). Eleanor Roosevelt once said something like, “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” Eleanor was right!

We’ll stop there for now. Decide to be successful! And just holler if you need me. I'm much better at giving my advice than taking my advice.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

Unexpected?

Dilemma