My favorite kind of pizza is plain cheese pizza. Cheese pizza is pizza in its purest and most delicious. Frankly, I don’t think there is anything that tastes better on this sweet planet than a cheese pizza.
Sometimes when I’m thinking about what I want for dinner and I’m mulling my options with Adam or a friend, if someone mentions pizza then that’s it, we are getting pizza. If it’s not already on my mind (which it almost always is), and then someone else puts it on my mind, then there is almost no way I’m going to be eating anything other than pizza.
Here’s another important thing about my love affair with pizza...I'm not a pizza snob. I love it all. I love McCain, which is barely pizza, and I love the pizza you get at movie theaters and I love the Loblaws pizza and I love Domino’s thin crust and I loved the pizza that was served in the dining hall in my army days, and I love breakfast pizza and I love salad pizza and I love all the fancy high faluting pizzas you can get at fancy pizzerias or make at home in your very own kitchen. It’s all good. Of course I have pizza preferences (thin crust, ham and pineapple, never deep dish), but all in all, if it’s pizza then I’m going to love it.
I spend a lot of time thinking about pizza. I have a lot of philosophical questions about pizza. Some of these questions are:
- What if my soul mate is pizza?
- Does pizza spend as much time thinking about me as I think about pizza?
- Why is pizza the same word in just about every language? Does that prove that pizza is the best food out there?
- Why are there not more restaurants called The Leaning Tower of Pizza?
- If I was stranded on a desert island how would I ensure that one of the items I would have with me at all times would be a piping fresh and hot and delicious and ready-to-eat pizza?
- Why don’t more bagel places offer pizza bagels?
- Why don’t more diners offer breakfast pizza?
- Why do I not own a cat/dog/fish/exotic pet named pizza?
- Why isn't my name pizza?
Okay now I have to go eat pizza!