To say that the last week has been rough would be an under statement of epic proportions. I started to not feel well last Tuesday and by Wednesday, I was down for the count. It seems that I picked up an evil gastro bug that really knocked me off my feet. By Thursday I wasn't keeping anything down so off to the emergency room I went. I was admitted Thursday evening for dehydration and cramping and stayed until Saturday. What a long three days!
In three days I discovered that...
- hospital time moves slower then real time
- hospital food is horrible
- admitted for a gastro bug means you get a private room...one perk of being gross
- wearing your own clothes makes a world of difference
- I really can sleep on and off for an entire 24 hour period
- one can watch many episodes of Supernatural...like many, many and never get bored
- having your iPhone charger is a life saver
- hospitals smell funny
- a 4.2 cm cervix will make your doctor give you a high five
- it feels so, so good to go home!
Yesterday was our anatomy ultrasound at 19 weeks 4 days and baby looked fantastic! He was in a great position to get all the measurements they needed and all appears well. We also received the results of our IPS (integrated prenatal testing) and I screened negative. We kind of assumed this seeing as we never received a phone call but it was nice to get confirmation nonetheless. The risk for my age was 1:200 and my result came back at 1:3800 so great news!
The plan for the rest of this week is to stay home, rest, eat (gain back the 5 pounds I lost) and generally just chill out. This I can do!