Today I'm 33 weeks pregnant! This is a huge milestone in light of all that has happened in the last few days and while I'm celebrating week 33 in the hospital and not at home...I am so very very grateful to have reached this milestone.
An update ~ We had an ultrasound yesterday. Biophysical profile and cervix check. The good news...baby looks great. The tech switched over to 3D to give us a view of his sweet little face. The bad news...my cervix in now under 1.5. This was not the news I was hoping to hear but the encouraging part is that I haven't dilated anymore. Yeah for small victories. I'll gladly take what I can get.
The plan today is to monitor the contractions, which I'm happy to report have spaced out. The OB team will come in later today and see how the day has gone. Depending on that we'll make a decision on going home or not. My OB doesn't think that will happen but I guess we will just have to wait and see.
As you can imagine...I have a great deal of time on my hands. I'm trying to keep myself distracted (thank you to Netflix for helping with that) and to just relax. There is nothing that I can do to change the situation so I might as well make the best of it!
With the arrival of my son and the joys of childhood that come along with that, I was laying here reflecting on why I'm still a kid at heart and this is what I've come up with...
- I never pass up an opportunity to pop bubble wrap.
- or hit a piñata.
- I don't mess with dark basements. They are scary! - I sometimes play "the floor is hot lava" when I'm alone.
- I prefer to drink everything out of a crazy straw and I would probably eat more cereal if they still came with toys.
- I secretly want to jump in puddles.- Building a pillow fort is something I often think about.
- I love sleeping in and taking naps while wearing footsie pajamas and wrapping myself up in a blanket burrito.
What makes you feel like a kid at heart?
Pretty rainbow outside my hospital room window.