Thirty Week Update

Big milestone...today I am 30 weeks and 1 day pregnant!

It's been a big week...

Monday night we spent a few hours at Labor & Delivery due to some cramping. I spent a few hours hooked up to the monitors...baby looked great and uterus didn't seem too unhappy. They did a fetal fibronectin test that thankfully came back negative so I was allowed to head home. 

Baby sounded great the whole time

Adam "tangled wires make me angry"...so he spent 10 minutes untangling them


Wednesday I had a growth ultrasound and OB appointment and while the news with baby was fantastic...

Baby boys sweet face


He's measuring in at 3lbs 3oz which is right on target and was moving and shaking the whole time. I swear...I could sit and stare at him all day!

The news regarding my cervix however, wasn't as positive.

It's shortened from my last scan three weeks ago and is about 25% effaced. It's also quite a bit shorter then the scan before that. What does this mean? It means I've earned me some modified bed rest. I am allowed up for short periods of time but have to limit my use of the stairs, I'm not allowed to carry anything and I'm to avoid any trips out to shop, buy groceries etc. Unless...Adam wheels me around and yeah...I'm not quite prepared for that just yet. 

If I have any more cramping or experience any spotting or notice any decreased movement from baby, I'll head back to the hospital and at that point I'll receive the steroid injections to help mature baby's lungs...just in case. My next scan and appointment are on July 23rd where we'll reassess things and go from there. 

I'm feeling positive and optimistic that all will be well. 

30 week belly



Comments

  1. While a shortening cervix is scary, I'm so glad your doctors caught it early and are keeping a close eye on things. I hope that it holds off for at least 7 more weeks and you're able to carry baby boy to term!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're getting such good care and are being proactive about your cervix- it's all worth it to keep him in as long as possible!! That belly is so darn cute- keep up the good work growing that little boy of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the cramping wasn't too serious and you got to go home. Take it easy...and grow baby, grow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear what you have to say...

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

When I Was Your Age...

Dilemma