I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the things I've learned during Lochlan’s first 6 weeks of life. Here's a sampling...
- Yes. My baby really is the cutest baby ever. Cutest baby in the whole world, in fact.
- Even though I'm a horrible singer, Lochlan loves to hear my voice.
- For the most natural thing in the world, breastfeeding does not always come naturally. I've read books and reached out to a lactation consultant and didn't put too much pressure on myself.
- Let Adam do as much of the childcare as possible, even if I secretly think he's doing it “wrong.” He probably isn't...he's just doing it differently than me and he worst thing I can do is make him feel obsolete or useless.
- For the most natural thing in the world, breastfeeding does not always come naturally. Read books, surround yourself with good and helpful examples, and reach out to a lactation consultant.
- I desperately, desperately, DESPERATELY want to feel, look, and act like my ‘old self.’ Don’t forget to remind myself that I JUST HAD A BABY. Don’t put too much pressure on myself.
- Don’t compare my behind-the-scenes mom footage to someone else’s highlight reel.
- Even when Lochlan is happily sleeping, I'm still going to wake up in a panic and make sure he's still breathing. This may last for months and months I think.
- My house is going to be a disaster. It’s okay. There’s plenty of time to clean up later.
- I don’t have to change his diaper just because it has a drop of pee in it. It's taken me six weeks to realize this! Oh, and there's SO. MUCH. POOP.
|Mamas milk makes me dopey!|
|Baby in a pot...why not!|