Something New

Glassblowing is a glassforming technique that involves inflating molten glass into a bubble (or parison), with the aid of a blowpipe (or blow tube). A person who blows glass is called a glassblower, glassmith, or gaffer. A lampworker manipulates glass with the use of a torch on a smaller scale, such as in producing precision laboratory glassware out of borosilicate glass.

Saturday evening, despite being sick with the flu, we ventured out to our first glassblowing class in an attempt to make a Christmas ornament and hopefully one worth putting on our tree.  Now I can't quite call myself a glassblower, glasssmith or a gaffer but I did try my best and it was a great deal of fun....



How was your weekend?


Comments

  1. I am so super jealous because I have wanted to do this for years now. Looks like you guys had a blast and made some beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! We talk about doing this all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so neat!!! I have never heard of doing that before...what a fun new hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's something you don't see everyday...I've always been fascinated by glass work. So cool! KinderCoaster

    ReplyDelete
  5. um, that is awesome and something i now want to try!! looks like lots of fun! i hope you're both feeling better! i love that you went out anyway. xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear what you have to say...

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

When I Was Your Age...

Dilemma