Cream...The Good One

In my bathroom there is a jar of body cream. It sits untouched on the top shelf.
 
I’ve had it for about two and a half years now. I think it was a present to myself  not long after the birth of  Lochlan in an attempt to make myself feel better about my post baby body.
 
Year after year it just sits there. Waiting to be used.
 
Occasionally I glance at it.
 
Should I? No, I better not. It’s the good cream. It’s only for special occasions.
 
Just what kind of special occasion I’m waiting for, I don’t really know.
 
A  date with Nathan Fillion? A dinner date with Kate and William? My own private Blue Rodeo performance? A visit from the Prime Minister?

So why won’t I use that cream?

Is my sub-conscious telling me that I’m not good enough for the good cream? Or is my sub-conscious actually being optimistic, telling me to hold out for the amazing good-cream-worthy events that are surely about to happen in my life?

What I do know is that if I don’t use the good cream soon it’s probably going to smell more 'off acidophilus yoghurt' than 'oat milk, lavender and chamomile'.

What about you? Do you have something you’re saving for a so-called special occasion? Or do you just slap that good cream on from the moment you get it?



Comments

Post a Comment

What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear what you have to say...

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

When I Was Your Age...

Dilemma