Five Reasons Why

If one more of my friend tells me they need to lose weight now I will slap them... with love, of course. Because I just want to shake them (with love) and tell them, “Do you not need to lose weight. You're beautiful!” And I would shout this (with love), from the rooftops.

If you want to lose weight for health reasons, then go ahead. My point is that no one should feel that they have to, simply because we're in the midst of bathing suit season. Can you imagine if we all just said, “screw it, we’re fabulous” and didn’t get in “bikini body shape?” It would be awesome.

Because think of all the amazing things it can do for you
It walks. It dances. It runs. It digests food for you. It lets you dream. It gives you eyelids so you don’t have stuff stuck in your eyes all the time. Sounds way basic, huh? Who cares. You have to start appreciating your body somewhere. Appreciate your arms and your legs, because some people don’t have those, and would kill for your arms that you dislike for being “too fat.” Try appreciating them for what they can do for you. Try doing a pushup. Look at how strong you are. If you’re like me, you do push up on your knees, and that’s okay. Baby steps. Just appreciate the most basic functions of your body if you can’t love it yet. It does so much and works so hard.

Because life’s too short and this clock is too big
I know, I know, forgive me for using this cliché but how could I not? Life really is too short to spend years hating your body. Remember what Ferris Bueller said: “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” And what if while he was saying that, Sloane didn’t even hear him because she was busy hating her awesome bod? There’s way too much to do and see in this world. Let your focus in life be on experiences, not how you look while experiencing life.

Because life isn’t photo shopped
Everyone is so photo shopped these days, it’s insane. You see someone on a magazine cover and most likely, you’ll feel a small twinge of “Ugh” as in, “Ugh, I wish I was her,” “Ugh I was I had her abs,”...whatever, you get my point. You have to remember that it’s been masterfully photo shopped. People don’t look that way in “real life.” And the photos you should treasure and use as inspiration should be photos of your happy self.

Because negative thinking breeds negativity
Have you heard of the Law of Attraction? It states that like attracts like. What you think about, you bring about. So if you have a positive attitude, you attract positivity. Which means that if you have a negative attitude, you attract negativity. And why do that to yourself? Why go through life attracting negativity because of your negative thoughts and feelings about your own body? It isn’t worth it. It’s kind of a waste of time. And it only does more harm than good. Tell yourself that you love your body, even if it feels like a lie. Tell yourself until you believe it.

Because you may be setting an example to someone else, even if you don’t realize it
If you’re a mom and you’re always complaining about your body, you may not think your kids will pick up on it, but they do. They may not understand it, but the takeaway will be something like, “Mommy says she’s fat, and she sounds sad and mad about it, so fat must be bad.” Is that the message you want to send to your kids? You have to be careful about what you say. Don’t ever body shame yourself in front of them, ever. It’s not something
they should have to deal with.
 
Because hating your body is exhausting
It’s just so stressful and tiring, and plain exhausting to hate your body all the time. It’s so much easier to say, “Hey this body I have ain’t bad,” and go on with your day. You don’t need any added stress in your life. Hey, don’t get me wrong here...there’s nothing wrong with working out if you hate your body. I work out and I love it. It makes me feel good. And the most important thing, is that it makes me love my body, which is what I want everyone to do. Well, not my body. I mean you love your own body. Get it? Got it? Good.

Let the loving commence ☺






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

When I Was Your Age...

Dilemma