Attitude of Gratitude

I have to admit that for the last few days, week, I've felt like I was walking around with a little dark storm cloud over my head. Sometimes it can be really difficult to shake yourself out of that place, that place where you wish you had a pair of noise-cancelling headphones attached to your noggin at all times to block out the world. 

I would like to blame it all on hormones, on recent world events, or maybe a dark moon is coming…but ultimately, we have to take responsibility for our own moods. Your mood is a choice, & you own your attitude. Some people say, “She totally ruined my mood” or “My day is totally wrecked now”, but no. When we say this, we give away all of our power. Do you really want to allow someone else to dictate the happiness quotient of your day?

We are in charge of our lives & our moods, even - especially - when we think we aren't.

Along with that little dark cloud, I've been surly, moody & unpleasant. That was until...I ran into a rock climbing friend and her husband at the grocery store...a couple of months ago they had beautiful baby girl. As I stood there, congratulating them while gazing at that sweet little face, that little voice in the back of my mind whispered...

 “You need to put more gratitude in your attitude”. 

This reminded me that gratitude is so important. Gratitude for the things that I do have in life. Gratitude that I am able to get pregnant (even if for just a short time). Gratitude for the health and safety of my loved ones. The list goes on and on. I have a lot to be grateful about.

While it’s easy to be thankful & appreciative of what we have when life is going well, it’s those days where things feel like they are falling down that we REALLY need to practice it. It’s more difficult, yes, of course. But it also brings enormous rewards.

So, if you can, take a few minutes today to think about what you’re really & truly thankful for - I know I will be. I promise you that if you can come up with ten things (& we all can), your mood will improve so much!


FYI - Period is now 5 days late, negative digital.

Comments

  1. i love the way you live and feel everything. this is such a motivating post...your words are always so inspirational.
    i've been thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers. <3
    i hope today is beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear what you have to say...

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

When I Was Your Age...

Dilemma