Nine Hundred

My first blog post was on April 27, 2011 titled  "I think I'm ready, no...I know I'm ready" and from that date in April seven years ago, I've published 900 posts (including this one). 

Sometimes I wonder why I blog. Don’t get me wrong, I love it, I just don’t know where I fit into the blog world or if I even do.

Lately I’ve been in such an emotional funk and throwing my own pity party, I’ve been feeling like pulling the plug on my blog. But then I’ll feel like writing, such as this nonsense, and I keep it going. I completely understand that not everyone will agree with what I write or they won’t get that I’m just joking about things and that’s fine, they have that right. But there have been some people that obviously hate whatever I say, yet they keep coming back.

I write to blow off steam or “attempt” to be funny, along with everything in between but I don’t feel like I’m being malicious. I’m kind of like a hooker with a heart of gold, except for the whole hooker part. See, joking. There are times, like now, when I wonder if anyone actually comes to my site because they like it. When I see a new comment,  I put my big girl panties on and I read the comments but it can still be unexpected when they seem hateful.

I wouldn’t really strangle Adam, or duct tape his face because he won’t stop snoring, or karate chop someones face off. Really I wouldn't!

I just don’t understand, if you hate someone’s blog so much, why would you even bother coming back and continue to comment or send me messages? 


Speaking of comments, I love them and I want to thank everyone who takes the time to comment. I always have every intention of replying but lately Lochlan has been battling bedtime. By the time he’s finally settled, I’m ready to drop dead and don’t have the time like I used to. I still try to reply, it just may take a week a few days, a month or never.

There are times when I’ll be in the middle of responding to a comment I’ll get mommy brain and just walk away from the computer without hitting submit. Then when I go back a day or two later, I’ll realize that I never replied.

To sum it up, I’m in a funk, I don’t understand blog trolls, and I love comments. And if there is actually anyone out there who likes what I write, don’t worry, I’ll be back to my usual nonsensical posts.

I know I won’t actually quit blogging anytime soon. How else am I supposed to ignore my family? See, that was just a joke!

Comments

  1. I don't even understand how people can leave mean comments at all, that's nuts! Like you said, if you don't like why are you reading it? I feel like we are somewhat battling going to bed also at the moment. By the time he finally falls asleep I am almost asleep too! I found your blog because of infertility but I continue to read because I like your humor and totally get that you wouldn't strangle someone, what's wrong with people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sticking with me! Seven years ago I started blogging as a way to cope with our IVF treatments and I'm so incredibly thankful for the friendships and amazing group of women I've come to know along the way. Here's to hoping the bedtime battles ease up for us soon ☺

      Delete
  2. I don't understand blog trolls either. Why take the time to ruin someone's day?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear what you have to say...

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

Dilemma

Unexpected?