Yesterday was Adam's 35th Birthday. I baked him a cake (it was a sad, sad little cake but it was a homemade...sad, sad little cake), bought him balloons and decorated the house a little... I thought the silly faces would be cute...but they look kind of creepy! We had a lovely evening. Happy Birthday Adam...love you much! Adam's birthday got me to thinking about my next birthday. I'll be 37 this summer and I’ve noticed I’m no longer as young as I think I am. This epiphany usually happens when I look in the mirror, a habit I'm trying to lose. I don’t wear a lot of makeup usually , but recently (yesterday cause I left work early to bake a cake, baked the cake, looked in the mirror, felt old, went to the mall to buy something to fix it), I forked over $27 for a tube of concealer. I walked into the makeup section at the Bay...something I never ever, ever do. In fact, I go out of my way to never enter the Bay using the entrance ...
That gift box idea is brilliant! I love the pic of fire, it is perfect for that wet cold weather. Here in Oklahoma we are breaking records. Yesterday it was almost 80 degrees! I am ready to get my fireplace going again.
ReplyDelete80 degress...I think I just cried a little Toni!
DeleteLovely lovely weekend. I am glad you made it too, the photos are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteLove love love the photo's and the sting tradition sounds so fun! Mmm peppermint mocha's are the best on a cold day! If only it would get cold here in Ohio it 67 flippin degrees today! I am not happy about it one bit! Send some cold and snow my way would ya!
ReplyDeleteI'd send the cold your way but it's warming up to 59 degrees today...not cool!
DeleteI've been wanting a peppermint mocha so bad lately! I love the gift box idea too. We spent the weekend watching movies since my husband actually had a Saturday and Sunday off for once.
ReplyDeleteI love those kinds of weekends!
Deleteoh do you have a real fire place? i am so jealous!
ReplyDeleteYes and I love it! Hearing the crackle is my favourite!
Delete