Lavish, Extravagant & Luxurious

Once in a while, when I have nothing better to do (or I choose to ignore a problem with one of my projects at work), I look at random things online. Today it was books on Amazon.ca and then I somehow stumbled upon kitchen gadgets (maybe it because I didn't eat a good breakfast and now I'm hungry). Sometimes I daydream about owning all sorts of fancy gadgets that I could never actually afford. Or that we can’t have because we don’t have enough room to store for them. Anywho, I stumbled upon this...
Rachael Ray Garbage Bowl via Amazon.ca

This is a garbage bowl. Yes, you heard that right...a garbage bowl. Meaning the purpose of this bowl is to throw away your scraps into it as you are cooking. I totally understand not everyone has a trash can positioned two feet from their cutting board. And I totally get that some people are more into cleaning and proper disposal than others. But do you need to buy a special bowl to toss the chicken fat or apple peels into before you dump them into your trash? Do you have to spend $41.58 on such a bowl? Do you not have an extra bowl you can use for this purpose?

And while on the subject, can this bowl be used for multiple purposes? Would it be weird if I use my trash bowl as a mixing bowl?. Also, Amazon tells me that people who bought the trash bowl, the purple one pictured above, also bought one in red. Apparently they needed two trash bowls. It almost sounds lavish and extravagant. Luxurious even.
"Did you hear? The Jones’ don’t just have one trash bowl, they have two!! I saw them with my own eyes! They can afford to waste not 40, but 80 dollars!"
On that note, I am going to try and convince someone to get me a Cocoa Grande Hot Chocolate maker for my birthday.

Comments

  1. Lol I also use the "trash" bowl for many others purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a garbage bowl. Others might call it the plastic container some of the food I am cooking with came in, that I then recycle, but each to their own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen RR's trash bowl and also laughed at the idea. It seems ridiculous to me!! I don't think I'd be comfortable using the 'trash' bowl for other purposes besides trash...
    Your birthday idea sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOVE gadgets too :) Beautiful looking garbage bowl... surely it could be used for multiple things :)) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear what you have to say...

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

Dilemma

When I Was Your Age...