Random

My house has a big problem. It can never keep itself clean for more than a few days. I have been away for a week and was away for a few days before that so I can blame some, but not all of it on that. Here is just a sampling of the many other reasons why this happens...
  • The housecleaner never shows up for work. Oh, that's right. Because there is no housekeeper.
  • I work full time and climb all weekend.
  • Cleaning is not my favourite past time.
I thought it would be interesting to take a quick survey of the random crap you can currently find laying around my house. Fifteen years ago it might have been things like beer cans, movie rental cases, Pepsi cans and empty pizza boxes. (I was in the army and had 3 male room mates). You know, signs of a good, young person time.

Today it's...
  • Climbing gear in the hallway
  • Socks - but never in a pair, always straggling along solo looking sad. How this continues to happen I have no idea!
  • Excalibur 3000. This thing is huge, looks like a 1970's microwave and has been occupying the corner of the hutch for over a month (hint, hint Adam).
  • Remote controls. I kid you not, there are at least half a dozen laying around.
  • A carboy full of beer (again...hint, hint Adam).
  • Unread magazines. Gripped next to Entertainment Weekly next to National Geographic. We seriously have too many magazine subscriptions (hint, hint Janet).
So tell me, what kind of crap would I find laying around your house?  If you say nothing, it's all clean and tidy and organized, I'm think I just might throw up in my mouth a little. 

via River Duck Gift Company

Comments

  1. At the moment there are dog toys everywhere, some wet and slobbery, all carefully positioned to trip you up, unless you just fell over the dog instead. Also dust, coz, seriously, who has the time?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear what you have to say...

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

Dilemma

When I Was Your Age...