And So It Begins

This morning I started Estrace in preparation for my frozen embryo transfer. I have a love/hate relationship with those little blue pills ~ Why are our womanly little blue pills never as much fun as men's little blue pills? Seems so unfair doesn't it? ~ I love that this signals the next step in my cycle and it gets me closer to transfer. I hate the side effects. 


Google Estrace side effects and you'll likely see some of the following...



  • Acne - Oh joy...I always enjoy when my wrinkly 36 year old face suddenly looks like a 13 year old wrinkly face. That third eye that suddenly appears and stares at me makes me a little uncomfortable. Stop staring at me!
  • Bloating of stomach - I enjoy sitting at my desk with the top button of every pair of pants I own unbuttoned so that my newly acquired muffin top can spread out in all it's glory. I've discovered that there is no containing the muffin top...it's the boss. 
  • Breast pain or swelling - pain I could do without...the swelling on the other hand...I enjoy when my wee double A's become actual A's. Makes me feel all grown up. 
  • Depression or nervousness - and here I thought my depression and nervousness was caused by my inability to fill my broken uterus.
  • Hair loss - what? Guess I've never noticed this one...I do however have way more hair that any one human actually needs. The human head may weigh 8 lbs but mine's gotta weigh at least 12 when you include my hair. I wonder...does gray hair weigh more than brown hair? 
  • Headache (mild) - Clearly their definition of mild and mine are quite different. 
  • Increased blood sugar levels - I'm sure the sugar cookies I have been eating for breakfast, lunch and dinner aren't helping my blood sugar levels any. 
  • Loss of appetite - yet I still have an appetite for cookies. Hmmmm.
  • Nausea - never too nauseous for cookies.
  • Vaginal bleeding or spotting - always fun. I'll soon have to start buying stock in my favorite tampon company. 
  • Weight changes - Screw you estrogen and the 5 lbs you brought with you.  
Let the fun...

Begin Letterpress Print by Happy Deliveries via Etsy




Comments

  1. You are too funny! Reading your blog always puts a smile on my face :) It is amazing what we put ourselves through but I have heard it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for getting started, but BOO for all of those side effects!! I hope they aren't too horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for new beginnings! Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hated all the side effects from my IVF cycle! I hope they all pass you by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That list looks terrible... hate all the side-effects :( Hope you don't get to many and that it's all worth it in the end :) FXd for your FET xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear what you have to say...

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

When I Was Your Age...

Dilemma