Why I Can Never Go To Australia

I'm not going to lie (and I'm terrible at it anyway) I have been struggling lately. Struggling with life/work/making a JaAdam baby...you know...all of that life stuff. We have been on a baby making break since March when we lost our embryos and while the break has been good, it's also been very hard. In a few weeks I'll start the last round of blood work and testing before we take another kick at the proverbial "IVF 2.0" can late next month and I am excited, I really am but on the flip side...I'm terrified about what's coming my way. Add to that, my broken foot and resulting inability to rock climb, take my long walks/runs and an insane work schedule - I am not sleeping well and I often find myself wide awake into the wee hours. There has however been an unexpected advantage of this insomnia of mine.

Late night TV - wow - it's been educating me. Take this for example.

Last night I stumbled upon a story aaround 3 am about an Australian man who has collected -I can barely type this - and kept 26 years worth of - give me strength - belly button lint. I had to type that in smaller letters lest I faint or keel over. Why would anyone collect such a thing?

Before I had a chance to run, far, far away...they showed it. By this time, I was staggering to the phone to call for assistance but was able to revive myself once I was out of earshot of the television. Quite obviously, I am not comfortable with belly button lint (or spiders or clowns or masks). I will now boycott the entire country of Australia (continent, or merely country...will someone finally clear this up) as punishment.

Good thing, since I will probably never get there in the first place. It's way too long a flight. Plus, once on the plane, I would be focusing on my memory of the lint - three colors, three jars - and, as a result, I would be a wreck. Plus, once I arrived, some boxing kangaroos might try to punch me...so, all in all, Australia is now off limits.

So I say to the TV...I just might have innocently travelled to Australia...you saved me from the lint and for that I say "Thank you".




 * In all seriousness - I'd travel to Australia in a heartbeat if I could - I hear it's amazing there *

Comments

  1. how about Borneo instead? http://www.theborneopost.com/2011/05/11/kuching-to-host-first-clown-convention-in-2013/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband says that Australia is off limits too. Huntsmen Spiders. If you're an arachnophobe, do not google it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nooooo... don't let crazy people like that put you off ! The other millions of us are really normal... and so many beautiful places to visit :) The flights not too bad with a stopover and a few wines... it's worth it, really :) If you do come... let me know and I'll show you around my little part of Oz :)) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. nasty. people have issues. as for you, it must be so tough to not have an outlet to deal with the stress even a tiny bit. do you ever go for massages? instant de-stressor in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear what you have to say...

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

Unexpected?

Dilemma