Books, Libros, Bucher, Kitaplar, Livres...

The food is packed, the gear is packed, the tent is packed and most importantly...the books are packed! Adam and I are heading to Bon Echo this afternoon to my favorite place...Bon Echo! We'll climb all day, share stories with friends, eat way more food than is necessary, hang out at the end of the dock with a glass of wine in hand and watch the stars. I'll then crawl into the tent and snuggle down in my sleeping bag with a book...a perfect way to spend a day if you ask me!

Someone told me the other day that print and traditional books are a dead and dying breed *GASP* 

I disagree! 

There is something magical about a book...the way it feels, the way it smells, the crinkle of the pages, the secrets inside. I think that I just might be more in love with the book itself than the actual reading of said book. A can't imagine a home without books. The Kindle on the shelf packed with a hundred books just doesn't give me that same fuzzy feeling as my favorite books that sit on my shelf do.

"Outlander" series by Diana Gabaldon that sit on my shelf...love them!
I get the argument that the eBooks out there are better for travelling, they save space, they are convenient...but...I just can't do it, I just can't give up my "real" book for an eBook. This is what I'll be taking to Bon Echo with me

"A Discovery of Witches" by Deborah Harkness
592 pages of hardcover goodness! I also love old books, especially the really old ones with the cracked spines and musty smelling pages...they have history and character!

Happy Long Weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

Unexpected?

Dilemma