Just Go With Your Gut

This long Canada Day weekend we had planned to stay here in Ottawa and for the first time in the 15 years that I have lived in the area, spend it on Parliament Hill taking in the festivities and fireworks to celebrate Canada's Birthday. Saturday and Sunday were going to be relaxing days at home. That was however until I heard that 500,000 people...yes, that's right...half a million people were expected to attend said festivities! I guess that folks really were excited to catch a glimpse of Will and Kate. I am not one of those people.

So, I went with my gut and made a last minute decision to head to Bon Echo and wow...am I glad that I did! 
The view from the Narrows
A dip in the lake after a hot long afternoon...bliss!
Vero & I after a successful ascent of  "Rediscovery"
Ready to start up "Formication & Macs Book"
Adam & I at the Narrow's 

It's no secret that the few weeks have been tough and emotionally taxing with our first and then cancelled IVF cycle, work, life...yadda, yadda, yadda. What I needed was time with my friends - whom show me such amazing love and support. Time to climb in my favorite of favoritest place - Bon Echo. Time to spend the day on the rock, the afternoon swimming from the dock, dinner while watching the sunset from the hut, long saunas and midnight swims. 

It was just what I needed and it was perfect!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

When I Was Your Age...

Dilemma