My City

I live in Canada's Capital city but I have to admit that I don't often head downtown to see the sights which is a shame really because the sights are very lovely indeed...


Parliament Hill  (this is looking at the back of Parliament Hill)

After a much needed sleep-in some yummy french toast, Adam and I headed downtown to see the Van Gogh exhibit at the National Gallery of Canada . All I can say is wow. It was amazing to be standing just a few feet away from dozens of Van Gogh originals (even if he's not your favorite). Apparently so did hundreds of others. 

National Gallery of Canada

Just across the street...

Notre Dame Cathedral Basilica of Ottawa

The Sanctuary
Just a quick walk up the street and around the corner...

Rideau Canal

I think I shall make a point of taking the time to explore the treasures of my city...Ottawa is pretty amazing and I'm happy to call her home.  

What do you love most about your city?


Comments

  1. Gorgeous pics; thanks for sharing! Sounds like you had a fabulous time.

    I love how green my city is in the summer and how the lakes promote such a high level of outdoor activity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear what you have to say...

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

When I Was Your Age...

Dilemma