There I Was

Laying in bed reading (at 3 am because I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep) minding my own business, reading away...when out of the corner of my eye I saw this humongous black thing run down the wall and across the floor. Eughh! I don’t mind spiders (usually) but I do mind them being in my house and in MY room! I don’t particularly want to sleep with one!

So, I got out of bed - I say got out...I more jumped upwards and then stood there looking down at this spider from my bed, and had one of those moments where you are looking at it and thinking just how creepy and scary it looks while it stares back at you. In the rational part of my brain (yes, there is a rational part hidden deep in there...somewhere) I know I'm about 100 times bigger than the average spider, but this one seemed only just half my size- it really was that big!

After getting the courage to finally peer over the side of my bed, I took a closer look at it on the ground, where it preceded to run under my bed, which made me cringe even more. It was one of those confused spiders that doesn't really know if it is a spider or a crab, because it ran sideways and with it’s legs all hunched up.


Remember...this was at like 3 am so Adam was asleep and I was trying desperately not to make a lot of noise and wake the sleeping monster (aka Adam) so there I stood on my bed staring at the floor where the spider disappeared...and stood...and stood and then stood some more.

I'm not sure how long I stood there for. Two minutes? Five minutes? After a time and with no encore appearance by the hairy beast...I laid back down, covered myself up and tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't do it.

I'm convinced that spider spent all night under my bed plotting with his creepy spider buddies to kill me off in my sleep. They know what they're doing! But so do I...I just won't sleep!




Comments

  1. Creepy! I CANNOT stand spiders either! I think I got the chills reading your post this evening. If I see a spider in my bedroom tonight, I'm definitely waking up DH so he can kill it for me. He's obligated; it was in our wedding vows. ; )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear what you have to say...

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

When I Was Your Age...

Dilemma