Who Won?

Once upon a time in a land far, far away called Bon Echo...there was an epic battle between the evil and cunning "Sweet Dreams" and the beautiful and amazing "Janet". This is their story....


Once upon a time I was in shape, good, fit climbing shape - oh how I miss those days - but IVF, drugs and hormones have pretty much squashed all of that and I have been feeling soft, unfit and weak. Sure, I have been climbing this summer but it has been on easy grades with lots of easy leads. So imagine my surprise when I woke up Saturday, crawled out of my tent and felt like climbing...I mean really climbing! I had a great morning climb on something a little easier and then proudly announced that "Yes, I would love to climb Sweet Dreams".


So I climbed....
Happy after the first pitch...before the "I just peed my pants a little" traverse
After pulling the crux...taking a rest

Sweet Dreams threw all that she had had me and yes...I was battered and yes...I was bloody and scrapped up but - I won!

At the top with my friend's Bob and Fred (not really their names or faces)  Besides...they look so much better this way!
The line up Sweet Dreams

Happy Climbing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

Unexpected?

Dilemma