You Learn Something New Every Day

I was having a conversation with a friend today and in the process, learned something new. I learned that some women get pretty for their doctors. Not only a good wash and maybe some last minute leg-shaving but pedicures and bikini waxes to boot. And I'm not taking about RE's specifically.

But for the life of me, I can't figure out why. 


Do we think our doctors are looking?

I can see how you might feel the urge to spruce up the place if you thought the person rooting around down there was actually interested. The kind of sprucing you do right before a hot date. But I just can't imagine my doctor is. In his long career he's faced down many a lady part. So many that he doesn't even need to cast a downward glance while introducing the ultrasound probe. In fact, I'm pretty sure he could do it blindfolded, backwards, with one arm tied behind his back. Hell of a party trick if you ask me. "Hey, wanna see what I can do?"

Or maybe we're talking curb appeal. If I put out a nicer welcome mat and a couple of pots of pretty flowers, are my embryos more likely to decide that my uterus is a nice place to hang out in for a while?

Or maybe it's part of some obscure pagan ritual that I am unaware of. Weren't human sacrifices washed, shaved, and oiled so that the gods might find them tasty? Maybe it's like that.

Look, if I thought my doctor actually noticed, I might be more invested in presenting a pleasing picture - I doubt it, but I suppose it's possible - But he couldn't pick my whoo-ha out of a police lineup even if he had someone whispering in his ear "It's her, the one in the middle". He doesn't even remember my name all of the time "Jane, Jennifer, Jamie.....Janet" So I pretty certain that he doesn't have any love for my lovely whoo-ha?

I also learned this...


What have you learned today?


Comments

  1. Ha! This made me laugh...I'm guilty of the spruce up. I have no idea why I put effort into this for someone who doesn't care. I think it just makes me feel about putting it all out there. I like to put my best foot forward or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guilty, or at least semi-guilty. I generally try to spruce up a bit, but it is way more for me than it is for them. Like the other comment, it just makes it easier for me to lay there with my feet up in stir-ups and my business out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear what you have to say...

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

Unexpected?

Dilemma