A Little Shade of Blue

The last couple of days have been kind of tough. Why? I don't really have a good reason. 


We went to Bon Echo. I climbed. I  went kayaking. The weather was amazing.  I ate good food and drank good wine. Spent time with friends and read a good book. We are going back to Bon Echo in a couple of days. There will be much of the same. All good...right?


Yet I find myself feeling just a little sad and a little lonely. A little blue. This limbo time – the time between our failed FET and waiting for our next IVF cycle to start – is not easy.  


I am going to try my best to remember this...

Every day, think as you wake up,
Today I am fortunate to have woken up;
I am alive, I have precious human life,
I am not going to waste it,
I am going to use all of my energies to develop myself,
to expand my heart out to others,
To achieve Enlightenment for the benefit of all human beings,
I am going to have kind thoughts towards others;
I am not going to get angry,
Or think badly about others
As much as I can.



- His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama


Sad - Mini Art Feeling by Art Mind via Etsy

Comments

  1. I'm feeling the limbo time blues as well. It's really difficult! I thought it would be so nice to take a break, but I find that without having IVF to focus on for the future, I keep thinking back on the past and it gets me down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate being in between, it is slow and depressing and I always found myself second guessing whether I could have been pregnant if I hadn't take a break. Enjoy your summer though, hopefully you will be knocked up in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The worst time is when you feel like no progress is being made. I always hated waiting!!!! It is so important to have something new to focus on. Anyways, luckily it is good weather and you can do your best to occupy your time (easier said than done). Where in Ontario are you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support ladies!!
    KC - I'm in Ottawa. The weather has been very nice indeed and I've been doing my best to get out and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling down... beautiful quote from the Dalai Lama - I saw him speak last year when I was going through a slump and his words helped so much. Love to you always xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get it, I've been very sad too. Hang in there, things have to get better! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear what you have to say...

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

When I Was Your Age...

Dilemma