Standing Still

I've been feeling at a stand still lately. I've also been having this nagging feeling that I've forgotten something. I'm in my 30′s, and it seems like time is going by at lightening speed. Most of the time I don’t even know what day it is.

When I was a kid, I couldn't wait to be a grown up and do whatever I wanted and I wouldn't have anyone telling me what to do. Hahahaha! They forget to tell you it’s just as bad once you’re an adult and being a kid is a walk in the park.

With life going by so fast now, I have so many questions. Should I switch jobs? Do I really want to contunine the quest for baby JaAdam? Can I make it as a writer? What in the hell happened to Billy Crystal’s face? I'm constantly thinking about these things and more.

I’ll never forget when I was younger and I thought being in your 20′s was over the hill. Being in your 30′s? Holy shit…get out the walker and the depends.I just feel like being the age I am, I have this itch that I just can’t seem to scratch. Things don’t feel complete yet and I feel like there’s a missing piece in this life of mine but I can’t figure out what it is I'm trying to find.

I've always been unsure about things but it’s different this time. Maybe what’s missing in my life is Nathan Fillion….hmmm.

Maybe no matter how old you are or how much your life seems to be complete, there still feels like something is missing.



Do you ever feel this way?


Comments

  1. I sometimes feel the clock would move backwards a few years. Most of the time I love moving into later 30's. I am such a different person now then I was 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes. 30 doesn't seem nearly as old now as it did 15 years ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you let all your feelings out...you have such a way with words, Janet. I keep the faith that you find the missing piece.
    P.S. - you made me lol with "What happened to Billy Crystal's face?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this wierd feeling the last few years that my life is simultanesouly at a standstill, and in a constant state of flux. It's disorienting. But I can say that I'm asking lots of the same questions as you, particularly as right now my life is very much up in the air. Some days, I wish I was a kid again, mostly because I'd love for someone to tell me what to do, or that everything is going to be ok.

    You're definitely not alone in this Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always feel like my life would be better with more Nathan Fillion. :) And yeah, I can't believe how fast time is going. I never expected to be pushing 40 trying to have kids, and yet, ta da!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear what you have to say...

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

When I Was Your Age...

Dilemma