5dp3dt & OHSS

Today is day 5 of my 2 ww wait and overall things had been rolling along just fine. I have been busy enough that time seemed to be passing quickly enough and let me tell you...when you are waiting for that Beta, time flying by is a very, very good thing!


That was.....


Until yesterday. It seems that OHSS - Ovarian hyperstimulation syndromehas come by for a visit and I am not happy about it. I am currently about 5-10lbs more than I was before the transfer and look about 4 months pregnant...such a tease and pretty sad, I might add. I spent about 30 minutes tearing through my closet last night looking for something to wear to work that would hide my huge bloated belly. You see....I've kept this from work...so I need to hide it. If asked if I was pregnant I guess I could have gone with "No, I'm just getting fat" but hiding it seemed a better way to go. 


I had an ultrasound and blood work this morning. FYI - you might want to skip this part if you are not interested in the nitty gritty of my ovaries, although interestingly enough, it has become a frequent topic of conversation, even amongst my climbing friends - I have 6-7 follies that are between 25-30 mm, some filled with blood as well. Guess that's why I am feeling so bloated. The good news is that I do not appear to have any free fluid in my abdomen. On a good note....although it's way, way too early to see anything in my uterus (I was secretly wishing we would of course) my lining looks fantastic. Gives me hope. 


Rest, Gatorade, rest, Gatorade...this is my future for the next few days. Did I mention that I hate Gatorade! 

Gatorade - Blah, yuck!
But...because I will do whatever it takes to stay healthy...I will learn to love the Haterade, I mean Gatorade!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

Unexpected?

Dilemma