Awkward

Have you ever had an awkward moment when you just want to hide mid conversation or run far far away and pretend you’re someone different? Well I have, too many times to count. And frankly my life is one big awkward moment. If you’re having a bad day, just remember that at least you’re not me. 


Here are just a few of the "Awkward" moments I've had this week...

  • You send an innappropriate email to your coworker, instead of your friend. Oops!
  • You tell a very conservative  friend of a friend who doesn't believe in cussing “I’m the funniest f’ing person you will ever meet”. I swear like a sailor...I blame it on my time in the Army. In all fairness...I should have been warned!
  • You tell a joke, and no one laughs. This happens a lot but I blame it on their total lack of humour and not on my lack of funny. 
  • Someone asks your opinion concerning the topic they’ve been talking about but you weren't listening and have no clue what to say. In my defence, the meeting was totally boring and I did actually listen for the first 30 minutes. 
  • You think a door is automatic so you stand there in front of it, waving your arms like an idiot only to have a kind old man pass you and open the door for you. And as you walk away you know he’s wondering what you've been smoking that day. 





What about you....what are some of your awkward moments?

Comments

  1. No awkward moments recently. Most of mine have to do with teaching; when I've said something that can be taken inappropriately but were said in complete innocence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a doosie in the pub last night. The couple we were with started crapping on a guy who, in England at the moment, is bringing science and physics into the public's consciousness in a really inspiring way. My DH (science buff) thinks this guy is amazing and as the conversation progressed I could just feel the tension building on both sides. Bit heavy for a relaxing evening in the pub, luckily everyone seemed to agree it was not the time for a massive debate and the conversation shifted.

    Oh, and I burst into tears in the supermarket today over a cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had an appointment with a doctor with a bed in the room. And I actually said to him "It's a little weird talking to a doctor in a room with a bed in it." Awkward silence followed. Then he had me sit on the bed and told me to raise my shirt.

    (I'm participating in a sleep study because my doctor thinks I have sleep apnea or something. Whatever. At least I didn't strip from the waist down and lie on the bed with my legs spread. THAT would have been really awkward! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear what you have to say...

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

When I Was Your Age...

Dilemma