Cue...Hissy Fit

Hissy fit - noun

A sudden outburst of temper, often used to describe female anger at something trivial. Originally regional from American South. Thought to originate from contraction of "hysterical fit."

example: She threw a hissy fit when she pulled out an OPK from the drawer last night.

This is exactly what I did. I'm not proud of it but I'm also not ashamed to admit it. 

Last night was cycle day 10 and seeing as we are once again going to give the "Sperm meets Egg" plan another go (It did kinda, sorta work last month) it was time to start using OPK's. I'm note sure what set me off exactly...but after pulling open that bottom drawer and ripping the package open...it happened....I lost it. 

I stood there for a moment...

and then...

I stomped and cried...

and cried and stomped.

That's right...I threw a big ol' hissy fit...and you know what? 

It was perhaps just the release I needed. This morning I woke up a little less angry, sad and frustrated. 

I might have even cracked a smile. 

via Zazzle.ca

Comments

  1. Of course you needed that! Now you are all fired up and ready for this next cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good hissy fit never hurt anyone! Sometimes I even add the kicking on the ground for extra hissiness (new word). Now you have me interested in this sperm meets egg plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, been there, done that :) I had a hissy this fall when I was cleaning the bathroom of stuff. I found the positive pee sticks stuck in a cabinet and lost it. I tossed all the old meds, ultrasound pictures, and those sticks into a box and I drop kicked it across the kitchen. If no one saw it, it didn't really happen.

    Best of luck! It can still work, no matter how mad, bad, or sad you feel about it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear what you have to say...

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Secrets

When I Was Your Age...

Dilemma